The Midwest Regional XC meet was held in Peoria, Illinois on the local golf course near Bradley University. The SIU Salukis brought both teams to the event in attempts of qualifying individuals and testing themselves against the other strong teams.
The men's race consisted of 29 schools. SIU placed 8th overall in the team race which was good for top billing for the five MVC schools participating. The MVC teams took the 8-12 team positions and had a good showing in the overall field.
SIU was paced by Oscar Medina, Michael Castel and Juan Carrera. These three runners all finished in the top 35 and Oscar earned All-Midwest Region honors with his 23rd place finish.
SIU Men's Results: 10,000 meters
- Oscar Medina - 23rd with a 30:41
- Michael Castel - 33rd with a 30:49
- Juan Carrera - 35th with a 30:50
- Brandon Shemonia - 88th with a 31:28
- Evan Ehrenheim - 107th with a 31:48
- Nick Schrader - 111th with a 31:50
- Matt Hazel - 113th with a 31:51
The Pack explodes off the starting line as the gun is fired.
The leaders have just passed the 2K mark in the race at this point.
Brandon Shemonia focuses on his form during the race.
Matt Hazel (589) and Nick Schrader (590) move through the course at the 6K mark of the race.
The Saluki women finished 15th out of 32 teams in the Region.
Kelley Gallagher once again paced the Saluki women and finished 40th in the field.
SIU Women's Results: 3600 meters
- Kelley Gallagher - 40th with a 21:03
- Krista Menghini - 73rd with a 21:29
- Kristen Levi - 88th with a 21:37
- Sadie Darnell - 100th with a 21:46
- Mobola Rotibi - 170th with a 22:32